Here are some things you may find interesting about the ship.
- The Ship Hector was built in Holland in 1750.
- The lower main mast was made from a 100 foot long log that was originally intended for the “Bluenose II” mast
- The Hector brought Scottish emigrants to Boston in 1770.
Some things you may find interesting about Scotland.
- The official animal of Scotland is Unicorn.
- The motto of Scotland is ‘No one provokes me with impunity’
- Scotland comprises of approximately 790 islands, out of which around 130 are inhabited.